Saturday 12 January 2013

The Prelude

Hello, friends (to be said in the voice of Taj from Diddy Kong Racing)!

I often find myself prattling on about that rare and elusive breed of video game...you know, the one which has such a profound effect on you that you start saying stuff like "it's memories will never be lost"? The one that actually influences the way you look at other games and in some cases, certain aspects of your life? Yes, that one.

Hopefully you're still with me...

I've noticed recently that I'm not alone with these feelings, so I got to thinking that this would present a fantastic opportunity to collate and share the gaming experiences of as many people as possible...hence this blog.

The pieces posted here will be hopefully represent a diverse spectrum of people; from the avid video game nut to the most casual of players, from both males and females and with thoughts ranging from jargon-laden to tearfully emotional (that might be me!). Most importantly though everything will be unedited (except for spelling), and I hope this will offer an insight into just how much a "mere video game" can affect a person.

If you would like to add your own experiences to this collective then do get in touch or leave a comment. Please bear in mind though that the vast majority of people posting here (myself included) are not writers by profession, so don't go getting all angry because there is a comma out of place or you disagree with an opinion.

Anyways, a bit about me:

My name is Paul and I will be running the blog. I'm 31 years old and have been playing video games since the days of the Commodore 64. In gaming terms I am happily stuck in the 90's, where I spend most of my time deep in obscure Super Famicom RPGs and bizarre 2D fighting games. Follow me on Twitter for ramblings about Hori controllers, an unhealthy love for SNK and general retro chit-chat.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Paul, look forward to reading more:)

    ReplyDelete